Last Updated: September 1, 2016
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Qoints offers a marketing technology (martech) software solution that provides business intelligence and analytics solutions. By organizing and benchmarking digital promotions data and results, Qoints helps organizations manage and improve the results of their digital marketing and simplify campaign reporting and management across all channels. Our primary product, Qoints Digital Knowledge Management & Warehousing (the “Platform”), is a marketing solution that provides consumer brands (and the agencies, organizations and associations that support them) with a transparent view of their digital promotions across the different digital channels that they use to reach their target customers, for the purpose of driving improved efficiency and growth in the results of their digital promotions. Our customers determine what types of personal information about their clients (if any) they will upload into the Platform to analyze. As requested by our customers, we may aggregate the information our customers provide to us in order to create industry benchmarks for digital promotions. We require our customers to ensure that they have obtained all authority to provide personal information to us in accordance with applicable privacy laws. We do not collect or use client personal information of our customers for any purpose other than to provide anonymized industry benchmarks to the brands and agencies, organizations and associations that pay to use the Platform, and occasionally in aggregated form as part of our marketing efforts (including but not limited to blog posts, whitepapers, webinars and email newsletters).
In the case of our Websites, Qoints may collect and use the following information:
- Request a Demo: When you request a demo, we may collect your name, email address and any information you provide in your message. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate your demo.
- Submit a Job Application: If you apply for a job at Qoints, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, email address and any other information you provide to us in your message, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings (including the Platform and Websites)
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a matter of practice, Qoints does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer our customers’ clients’ personal information, except as set out in this policy.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with our Websites, Platform or other services we provide to our customers, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process payments, host our Websites and store information on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in the US and Canada. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Sale of Business: Qoints may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Qoints or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Qoints and our Canadian, US and other service providers and affiliates may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully co-operate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITES
Visiting our Websites: We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Websites and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Websites. We use this information to help us understand our Websites activity, and to monitor and improve our Websites.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our customers and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we have collected on behalf of a particular customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit personal information via our Websites or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
If you submit personal information about your clients via our Websites or otherwise provide us with personal information, you may request removal of such personal information by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). If you terminate your subscription or access to the Platform, we will not retain any client personal information provided by you that does not contribute to the anonymized industry benchmarks we provide to our customers. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Please contact us at the address set out below if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- you wish to remove client personal information that was previously submitted; or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
Chief Operating Officer